Monday, April 14, 2008

An Atheist Prayer from the Book of Bon Jovi

What's not to like in this one? You have atheism (rationalism) and Bon Jovi!!

REPOSTED FROM : TheRecord.Com

An atheist's prayer?
Kevin Cogliano
Re: Prayer Is For Everyone -- April 8
Guy Tschirhart's letter to the editor issued a challenge to the readers of the Waterloo Region Record a to come up with a "better pledge, entreaty or what have you that will see us through our daily business" than the Lord's Prayer.
I've never been one to back away from a challenge, so I humbly submit these words of irrefutable wisdom:

I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back,

I play for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back.

I've been everywhere, still I'm standing tall,

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all.

And if you think a recitation from the Book Of Bon Jovi (Wanted Dead or Alive) seems trivial, stupid or meaningless, congratulations. Now you know how we atheists feel about the Lord's Prayer.
Kevin Cogliano
Waterloo

here's the video, just for kicks!

No comments: